Solution for Outlook OST File is not Updating Error
October 5th, 2017 |
MS Outlook is the most famous email client that has been widely used by various organizations. The most attractive functionality of MS Outlook is that when we are using it with Exchange server, it creates an offline outlook data file (.ost) implicitly if you select cached mode or offline mode while configuring outlook. This OST file cached the data item of exchange sever mailbox and stores it in your system to reduce payload on the exchange server and provide offline availability. Offline Outlook data file keeps on updating itself with the Exchange mailbox when it is connected to exchange server. But sometimes OST file not able to update itself properly and you encounter an error “Outlook OST File is not updating properly”. Now here we discuss precise reasons for it and provide appropriate solutions.
Reasons behind OST file will not update error
Below is a list of causes which will help you understand the various reasons responsible for the occurrence of this error.
- OST file is corrupted or damaged due to the attack of malicious program like virus and worms
- Incorrect settings and profile in Outlook
- Exchange Server support files are damaged or not working properly on your system that are responsible for synchronization of OST file
- OST file is not recognized by the MS Outlook
Solution for Outlook OST File is not updating Error
To resolve this Error first of all check whether the offline OST file is synchronized or not with the exchange server mailbox items. To do so perform these steps;
- Select the folder that you want to check then Right click on it and open properties.
- Select Synchronization tab here and check Statics for this folder.
- If the Synchronization process is working correctly then the number of items in Server folder contains the same number of items in Offline folder field.
Now if you encounter that synchronization is not done correctly then you need to then check the profile settings of your outlook version to solve this error.
You can manually enable the synchronize feature by following the below-mentioned steps. This method is applicable in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007 for checking and verifying settings:
- Click file menu on Outlook then select Data file management option click it.
- Account setting dialogue box will be prompted select email tab.
- Select mailbox account name and then click change.
- Check that the Use cached mode option is selected or not, if not then select it and click Ok
- Now close Account setting and Outlook.
- Reopen Outlook again.
An option of Synchronizing the Offline folder automatically is also available for updating OST folder whenever you are online and every time you exit Outlook. To do so perform these steps:
- Click tool and select Option.
- Click the Mail Setup tab.
- Check Send immediately when connected checkbox in Send/Receive section.
- Then click Send/Receive, Send/Receive dialogue box prompted check that the Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting option is selected.
- Click close and ok.
The blog has covered all possible causes and solutions for solving OST file is not Updating error. But the methods might not resolve the error in case of corrupted OST file. In this situation, you can use an OST to PST converter to troubleshoot the error and to open inaccessible Outlook Offline files.