Outlook 2011 for Mac won’t open- Outlook Mac crashes on start
October 6th, 2017 |
Microsoft released Outlook 2011 for Mac OS with same features as it has in Windows. But it doesn’t store its data like emails, contacts, tasks etc. to PST file. Outlook 2011 stores its data:
Outlook 2011 Database file: ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/
Outlook 2011 Storage folders:~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/
Sometimes when you start Outlook 2011 in Mac, the application freezes on startup. This issue needs to solved quickly when it encountered as it may cause data loss. Here will know the reasons behind this Mac Outlook hang issues and learn some method to fix it.
Some known reasons for Outlook crashing:
- Massive database file on the server: If a large data files on the server containing millions of emails, so when Outlook gets synchronized with large data it causes the application to start crashing and unable to open Outlook.
- Outdated Operating System: If a user is running data files of an old version of OS, this issue may be encountered when you start the application. So keep the updated version of OS.
- Importing .PST file in Mac Outlook: Sometimes users import PST file without causing any problem but at other times, it may lead to crashing of Outlook 2011 for Mac users.
The Outlook Mac users keep crashing at startup or when opening an email? How to fix up these issues? Relax we are giving some solutions by which your application can be saved from crashing.
Method 1. Exit all the Active applications
- Select Force Quit from the main Apple menu
- Choose the Application from Force Quit Application.
- Click on Force Quit.
- Repeat the process until all applications are closed.
Now Restart the Outlook 2011 in Mac, still, it freezes on startup, then follow the next step.
Method 2: Start Outlook without running Schedules
Open to access Mac Outlook 2011 without connecting it to the email server as it helps to identify whether you have done correct account settings or there are some pending actions.
- Enter the Shift key and click Outlook icon on dock to prevent Outlook to send or receive emails.
- Exit Outlook.
- Run Outlook.
If you are still facing the Mac Outlook 2011 crash and hang issue on starting it. Then follow the next step.
Method 3: Check the Outlook Identity
Identity folder stores all the database records of Outlook 2011. It will automatically create a new folder if you move this identity folder to other location. Open the Outlook again if it gets started normally then the problem is with the database. Look how to fix database issue:
- Close all the applications.
- Select Home from Go menu
- From Documents, double-click the Microsoft user database.
- Drag Office 2011 identities and drop it to a desktop.
- Restart Outlook.
It may also happen that there is no problem with the database then it continues to hang on running Mac Outlook 2011. Let’s follow the next method to know the actual reason.
Method 4: Restart Outlook 2011 in safe mode
Open Outlook in safe mode to clean startup. Maybe this Mac Outlook 2011 crashing issue still persists. Then follow next step to fix it.
Method 5: Create new User Account in Outlook 2011
Sometimes, there may be corrupted user’s specific information. To make clear whether this is the issue or not, log in as a new user and create a new account to test Outlook application for Mac.
The above-mentioned steps will solve the “Outlook 2011 Mac crash on start” problem but during the process, the OLM files might get corrupted. These damaged MAC Outlook files will cause problems to the user and will result in inaccessibility of files. Therefore, OML files must be repaired either by using manual or automated solutions to avoid the consequences.